Tuesday, 22 September 2009

An infinite number of rabbits...

"Great Aunt Dahlia says she can't remember what happened next," I told Clarissa.

"I expect another slice of carrot cake will jog her memory."

"I think she's just getting old and forgetful," I said, worried that the carrot cake was already disappearing too fast. "How old do you think she is?"

"Well, I just happen to know it's her birthday next week. She'll be one hundred years old."

"One hundred!" I said. "Gosh, I can't imagine being that old. That's like, like infinite."

"Oh no," said Clarissa. "One hundred is nowhere near infinite."

"What's the difference?"

"Well, the difference is you could draw one hundred rabbits, but you could never draw an infinite number of rabbits".

That gave me an idea. "I'm going to draw one hundred rabbits for Great Aunt Dahlia, one for each year that we're celebrating." I hopped off to the studio to draw.




"But that's only five rabbits," said Clarissa.

"Come back tomorrow..."


Related posts:
rabbits 6 to 10
rabbits 11 to 15
rabbits 16 to 20
rabbits 21 to 25
rabbits 26 to 30
rabbits 31 to 35
rabbits 36 to 40
rabbits 41 to 45
rabbits 46 to 50
rabbits 50 to 55
rabbits 56 to 60
rabbits 61 to 65
rabbits 66 to 70
rabbits 71 to 75
rabbits 76 to 80
rabbits 81 to 85
rabbits 86 to 90
rabbits 91 to 95
rabbits 96 to 99
rabbit 100

3 comments:

  1. Fun little story and fun little drawing .... nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute. Neat story, too. Happy birthday to the great aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very imaginative, cute, and sweet. I like the variety that you get in the rabbits.

    ReplyDelete